"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Friday, February 04, 2005

R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find Out What It Means To Me

This blog might as well be called: "Nothing But the Truth Part Deux."

I always joke, that in my quest to find Mr. Right, I keep coming across Mr. Right Now or Mr. No Way In Hell. Well last month, I found the fourth Stooge in that mix: Mr. Inconsiderate.

I met Mr. Inconsiderate on a web site called myspace.com. I didn't sign up on myspace.com to find Mr. Right. I signed up because quite a few friends already had, and twisted my arm to do so as well.

Sometime back in December I started talking to Mr. Inconsiderate. He wasn't a bad guy at first. He slipped under my radar. I thought he was a great guy: we had so much in common, held a conversation easily on so many levels, and genuinely had a good time together. He even had me believing we were at the same place in life.

We went on what I thought to be five perfect dates: partly because we got along so well, and partly because he knew exactly how to treat a woman. There was something weird, though: I felt as if he were trying to buy me. Let me explain by outlining out five dates:

Date #1:

We go out to dinner at this sushi place in the village. During dinner he reaches for something in his suitcase and pulls out an iPod. I mention I plan on buying one for myself. The next day he e-mails me: "Merry Christmas, I ordered you an iPod." He even had it engraved. I was shell-shocked and freaked out by this. I told him I cannot accept such a gift so soon, especially after the first date.

Date #2:

We go to an Italian restaurant near my house. Great food. Before we order appetizers, he hands me a bag full of expensive perfume from FCUK. Not iPod expensive, but still overwhelming for the second date (geez I hadn't even kissed him yet!).

Date #3:

We go to Mezcals, this great Mexican restaurant in Bay Ridge, and he gives me a Metallica DVD.

Date #4:

We head to Roll N Roasters. Why? Because we both love that place and are craving it. This time he gave me a DVD for a gift: Cliff 'Em All, about Metallica's deceased bassist, Cliff Burton (I'm a huge Metallica fan). It was sweet, but he never needed to bring me anything. We always have great dates.

Date #5: We order in chinese at my place and watch the Cliff 'Em All DVD. This is where we have a great conversation about our families and how we grew up.

All five dates happened in two weeks. Then, one weekend in January, he had a whole plan: lets go to eat at a new place in Tribeca on Saturday. Then on Sunday we will do dinner and a play. This is where it all went wrong.

To try and shorten this already long blog, let me just say that on Saturday he stood me up. Sunday he gave me some excuse for the night before, but said we are still on for that evening. Well, he stood me up again. That's right: two nights in a row. The next day he tried apologizing through e-mails. When I finally told him what he owes me is a phone call, and that gifts are meaningless, it is respect I want, he went MIA. Well it has been about three weeks and he is contacting me, through e-mails. He is being apologetic (begging forgiveness, actually), but I'm so over the games. Basically, I accepted his apology but told him I will not see him anymore.

I just don't get it: how can a grown man be so oblivious to consideration and respect?

If there are any single, interested men reading this, allow me to give you the same advice I gave Mr. Inconsiderate:
Don't buy me what I can get in a store. I can buy all that stuff myself. What I want from a man is priceless: I want respect, consideration, physical and emotional love, and companionship.

My search for Mr. Right continues....






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you posted this two years ago, but I went out with that same asshole!!
we were together for a month in the summer of 2006. He pulled the same shit.
Promising everything and then decides to tell me he has an 11 year old daughter!!! He lied about his job, his family, his age, everything. I met his mom at his brooklyn apartment.
I wish I had read this post early.
He tried to contact me again this past week!!!

1:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home