"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Misery Loves Company

Yesterday I was feeling kind of bummed because the guy I wanted to hang with didn't accept the invitation. It turns out that my friend Charlie was feeling bummed too. He had given his husband a card the night before and it was kind of disregarded. Then yesterday morning Charlie woke up to realize his husband never got him a card for Valentine's Day. Not only that, but there would be no romantic dinner for them because his hubby had a meeting last night that he could not get out of.

We decided to make it a friends night in. After work we went and got some Smirnoff Ice drinks, Wine Coolers, and a variety of Hostess cakes (Snowballs, Yodels, etc.) and went back to Charlie's place. We ordered pizza and just hung out, watching TV, talking, laughing hysterically, venting about men. We had a blast. Now I don't even know why I was bummed yesterday.

Once again, Charlie was one of the best dates I've ever had. Being with Charlie was way better than being at home alone, where I probably would have wallowed in self-pity (and the Oscar goes to.....)

I know there are quite a few of you who joined me on an Anti-Valentine's kick. I hope things brightened up for all of you last night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home