"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Love At First Sight, Plus The Green Monster Makes An Appearance

When I took Tabitha home on Sunday evening, she received mixed reviews from my two cats. Jeremy, ever the lovey dovey, gave her one paw up. He didn't hiss at her. In fact, he was curious about her from the start. He sniffed her, sat near her or slept next to the box she slept in. At the same time, he seemed sad.

Tyler, on the other hand, gave her arrival two paws down. Tyler, who is a Momma's boy, thinks he owns me. In fact, he even has jealousy spurts with Jeremy, who is from the same litter as Tyler and whom I brought home the same day as Tyler. Every so often, when Tyler sees me holding and kissing Jeremy, he will wait for me to put Jeremy down, and then pounce on him. Even when I put Jeremy down and immediately pick up Tyler, he manages to still go after his brother. With that in mind, the hissing and hawing Tabitha received from Tyler was no shock to me.

On Sunday they weren't ready to accept her 100%. I didn't expect them to, it was their first meeting. Tyler did hissing and hiding. Jeremy just sulked when he wasn't watching her or sniffing her. They came out of hiding when I went to bed. They each got into bed with me and laid in my arms. I guess they needed reassurance. I petted them and fell asleep.

On Monday, there was more of the same as on Sunday, except now Tyler even hissed at me. Boy was he pissed. I decided to take time and give the three of them equal attention. I let Tyler and Jeremy know they are my #1's and that Tabitha is a little girl who they shouldn't feel threatend by. Call me crazy but I think it worked because....


On Tuesday they started to pick up their moods. Jeremy no longer looked sad, he had his bounce back in his step. Tyler was hissing less and stayed out of hiding for pretty much the whole day. They each approached Tabitha to sniff her, even if she was in her box, they would look into it and check her out.

As of Wednesday (yesterday), it seems as though they both now give her two paws up, although when she chases them to play, they run for it. LOL

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight, although I do think love is in the air. Like I said earlier, Jeremy had a hiss-free curiousity about Tabitha from the beginning. He wants to love her. When Tabitha sees Jeremy, she wants out of her box bad, and when she is walking around and gets near him, she purrs. It's the cutest thing. She is 5 weeks old and already has a boyfriend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home