"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Did You Know?

Since I'm rethinking my occupation, I figured I'd post a mini-resume, "Did you know?" style, so here it goes:

*Did you know I majored in journalism at Kingsborough, where I was editor-in-chief of the campus paper and a member of the Associated Collegiate Press? Under my leadership the paper won top honors. I interviewed various politicians such as Senator Charles Schumer and Congressman Anthony Weiner.

*I appeared on NY 1's Inside City Hall, participating in a round-table discussion regarding Mayor Guiliani's choices for Board of Education president, in the mid-1990s. I sat with two journalists and an NYU professor. I was scared shitless. My mom still has that on tape somewhere.

*I went on to study communications at NYU, while working full time as a journalist. As a journalist I covered campus/CUNY politics, fashion, pop culture, sports, retail, and the tobacco and oil industries.

*I worked as a Human resources executive for two years at Bear Stearns, where I was active in organizing the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of NYC for 2001/2002.

*I used to moderate a major Mets message board. I stepped down when it became a conflict of interest with my current job (we work closely with the NY Mets).

*Currently I work for a non-profit agency. I feel as though I have worked in every aspect of the agency. My only consistency here is the Fundraising Department. No matter what else I do, I'm always part of Fundraising. To quote my boyfriend (now that I know I can Blog about him) I've had more positions [at the non-profit] than the karma sutra.

*I met my boss through ex-Mets manager Bobby Valentine.

*I've been 30 for over a month now. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home