"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Packed Square, Some Good Eats And The After Effects

Ok so last night after work I had dinner plans. I got out of work at 5 and dinner wasn't until 7:30 so I had some time to spare. I walked over to the Virgin Records Megastore in Times Square. I figured I'd checkout some tunes, maybe buy some Cds, check out a the placment for a band called Pray For The Soul of Betty, shit like that.

I get to the block and it is mass confusion. TRL is across the street so I wasn't sure what was going on. I asked two girls "what is this? What's going on?" They enthusiastically replied "Shakira is here." So I said "Great I guess I'm not going in then." They laughed. They didn't know I was a little annoyed.

I walked up to a security guard and asked him if any part of the store is open for shopping. He said "not till 7:30." This didnt work out for me cause dinner was at 7:30.

Since I have absolutely no interest in Shakira (I can't even name any of her songs), I left and headed to Rockefeller Center to do window shopping.

Anyway I ended up having dinner at a restaurant called Bolzano's. It is in Shubert Alley (45th Street between 8th and Broadway). It is opening to the public on Friday, I was invited for a test run. Free top shelf liquor, free appeztizers, entree and dessert. We only needed to leave a tip. After a tough two weeks at work, I enjoyed some Strawberry stolis and 7-up. I arrived home full, tired, and feeling no pain. I'm still tired, and still feeling those drinks. I'm not even sure I'm making sense right now, but that was my evening.

So ok, New Yorkers, go eat at Bolzano's! It was excellent. The chilean sea bass kicked butt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home