"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Quick Rant Part II

So this man who owns the deli around the corner from me got a kitten a few months ago. At under a year old, possibly 6 months, the kitten got pregnant. He gave her kittens away to customers. That was in the Spring or early Summer.

Tonight as I'm walking to the deli, I see his cat. She is obviously pregnant again. When I said something to the deli owner, his reply was a somewhat fed-up "I need to give her away." I suggested he just get her fixed so she doesn't get pregnant again, but his response was, again, that he is going too give her away. This disgusts me. He is going to give away a cat that needs to be spayed and now he has a new litter to find homes for. This is why there are strays everywhere. What happened to common sense? This cat should have been spayed in the first place, or at least after she gave birth to her first litter. Giving birth to more than one litter isn't good for a cat's health, neither is prolonging getting her spayed.

He obviously has her to just keep at the store, but that doesn't mean she deserves less love and attention than a house-cat. People suck.

End of rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home