"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blog, Blog, Blog....

I don't know why I let so much time pass between Blogs.

"I'll take LAZY PEOPLE for $500 Alex."

I really have no excuse. The office here isn't all that busy and I have a computer at home. I always have things going on, or something to say to someone, but laziness steps in and the next thing I know, it is about a month between Blogs.

I have friends who Blog every day, or more than once a day. I don't know how they do it. Maybe it isn't just laziness. Maybe part of it is that I do not want to share my every thought with the online world. Maybe there are things I'd rather not post, because they are private. Good or bad, when something is posted on the internet, it is up for comment, ridicule, scrutiny, you name it.

I learned that the hard way. Actually, not the hard way, just an aggravating way. The green eyed monster rears its ugly head when happy things are posted, whether it is on a Blog, or a message board. I've deleted nasty comments on my SweetAmber Blog because people are spineless enough to comment annonimously with hateful words. The nastiness comes from ignorance of course: not knowing me at all, or not knowing me well enough. I've noticed the positive comments, the intelligent input on a subject matter, comes from friends, or strangers who happened upon my Blog but are comfortable enough to leave their name.

I once wrote a Blog about homosexuality and the Bible. One Blogger commented annonimously, and all he/she had to leave as comments were idiotic, unintelligible jibber jabber. I had other comments in that Blog by friends and strangers who left their names. While not all of those comments were in agreement with what I had said, they were well-thought out arguments, and I enjoyed them. Bottom-line: it's ok to disagree, just do it in a mature manner. Then cooler heads will prevail and we will have an adult discussion, possibly learning from each other. The "I'm right, you're wrong so you must be stupid" approach is so juvenille that it belongs in a schoolyard, where I left it when I was 12!

So yes, when I think about it, some of those things turn me off to Blogging, which is a realy shame, because the writer in me loves the idea of a Blog, the opportunity to write about what I want, when I want, at the length I want. Whether it is a heavy topic, or just a joke I want to share, Blogging should be fun. At times, I look at it as a chore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

vaidyasala luck consistent abbreviation vote stigmatise resides portable borderline persist walk
lolikneri havaqatsu

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home