"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks



My boyfriend keeps a Blog on his myspace page. Recently he has written two Blogs that mention me. In one Blog, he calls me "Chef Steph" and brags about my home-cooking. In another Blog, which he wrote for Thanksgiving, I am the first on his list of what/who he is giving thanks for this year.

I have to reiterate something that the both of us say to each other quite often: if you sat me down a year ago, and told me that one year from now I'd be living in the Bronx with this amazing person who truly loves me, I'd ask " what are you are smoking, and why aren't you sharing any of it?"


The truth is, for the past two years I have had a lot to be thankful for not only on Thanksgiving, but every day of the year. From the birth of my nephew, to having a roof over my head, friends old and new, family, and a long list of other cool experiences (meeting Metallica and everything I saw and did since being in the MetClub is right at the top of the "experiences" list), I must say, I'm being smiled down upon.
Anthony certainly tops my list this year. 2004 was fun-filled, but between the action there was still a void. After the ball dropped on New Years Eve, and the confetti cleared, I was hopeful that 2005 would be different as far as the single life goes. I was hopeful, yet cynical. I spent Valentine's Day with my "married" friend Charlie. Prospect? Hell no. Charlie is gay and married to another friend of mine. Two weeks later, I "met" Anthony.

We started talking online the very last day in February and had our first date two weeks later. I never thought he would make the two-hour train ride from the Bronx to Brooklyn (going home for him made it a four-hour train ride for the day). But he did. To his credit he showed up for the first date. And the second. And the third. He just kept showing up. The rest, as they say, is history.


For that, I am thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home