"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Thursday, March 30, 2006

F'ing Modern Technology


My computer, which is over 3 years old and has been abused with music downloads and Metallica pictures, had a stroke about two weeks ago. My boyfriend took in to a local computer place and not only did they repair it, they saves ALL my files, got rid of all viruses and hooked me up LOVELY with all kinds of expensive Microsoft Office programs, Nero, Norton's Corporate Edition, etc. You name it, if it kicks ass and is new, it's on there. All for a measly $340.


So why am I mad? Because I downloaded a song on iTunes right before the computer went into cardiac arrest. Now that it is fixed, and my iTunes Library is on there in full swing, I couldn't wait to update my iPod with the music I had downloaded. I checked iTunes and sure enough all my music is there, so I hooked my iPod into the computer and started the update.

SON OF A BITCH! For some reason iTunes decided to take 58 songs off my iPod, including the newest downloads. WHY WHY WHY WHY! UGH! I updated the latest version of iTunes and iPod software onto the computer. It had to run all night for this (fucking dinosaur dial-up. My NEXT move is DSL). This morning, after the software updates were done, I updated my iPod AGAIN. One of the 58 missing songs were added. I know for sure two of the missing songs, because I listen to them almost every day.

It's gonna be real fun sitting down and comparing what is on my iTunes to my iPod, so I can list what is missing and somehow get them back on my iPod. Re-adding (is that a word?) those 58 songs (again!) will be easier than the disaster that would have been if I had to re-add all 1,182 songs, but it is still going to be a pain in the ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home