"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Monday, September 12, 2005

Sweet Six Months

So today marks six months that me and Anthony are together. When we first met, I was [extremely] guarded because over the past 5 years, I'd made a profession out of bad dates. My non-existant love life was a circus, a form of entertainment and amusement for my family, friends and co-workers (we all remember the $20 burrito dinner date). The last time I had been in a relationship where a man said"I love you" it ended five months later, with him saying "I don't want a girlfriend for the summer." At 25 years old, I thought I had heard the last of that excuse in high school. I had been wrong.

But I'm digressing.

While most of my date stories may make a very funny book one day, the point of this Blog is Anthony, me and six months. Without getting too personal on the internet, Anthony is exactly who I have been looking for. He makes me laugh till my stomach hurts, he is there for me on every level that is important to a relationship, and he is the order to my chaos. (Insert sarcastic "You couldn't possibly be chaotic" comments here. LOL) It doesn't matter who pissed me off or how, when he is around, it all goes away. He manages to make me happier every day. Surprised? You shouldn't be. Just look at the smile on my face. My mom says you can't wipe it off of me.

The next chapter is that we will be getting a place together very soon. We are both excited about it. We wonder where it will be, what it will look like etc. We plan a November 1 move. We also share a kitten who I have written about here. She turned 2 months old yesterday.

I think that's it for now. I'm actually too tired to write but I wanted to share the six-month anniversary mark, and a little bit about how I feel in my relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home