"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tis the Beginning of the Holiday Season

My four-day weekend started early when the office closed at 3. On my way home I stopped at Keyfood to get ingredients for my M&M cookies and Rice Krispies Treats for Thanksgiving. The Christmas bug bit me once I got home, because I quickly took out my Christmas boxes and put up everything that doesn't go on the tree. Once I was done with that, I made dinner and we I went to bed. Thanksgiving activities included a special breakfast, watching the parade as I baked, and then heading to Anthony's parents' home for dinner. His Mom made a very nice spread.

We braved the Black Friday crowds in search of the perfect [artificial] tree (I will include pics in a future Blog). We picked out a beautiful 7 1/2 footer. Once home, I trimmed the tree while Anthony watched for a few minutes before he headed out to do our laundry. The rest of the weekend was about relaxing. We did minor errands on Saturday (the butcher and food shopping) and celebrated his Step-Dad's Birthday on Sunday. It was a very quiet weekend and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Now that all of the decorating is done, it is time to dive head-first into gift-shopping mayhem! Tis the Season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home