"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Monday, May 15, 2006

Chris Daughtry

Ok so most of my friends have IMed or e-mailed me, saying how "pissed," "stunned," "shocked," and "devasted" they are that Chris was voted off Idol and none of us get to see the Taylor/Chris finale we hoped for.

But....*sniff sniff*....I smell something sorta fishy.

Last night Fuel BEGGED Chris on TV to join their band, but supposedly Chris has said no because he feels loyal to his band, Absent Element, and he knows they are bing signed to Arista Records soon. I actually saw the plans to sign his band in several news stories, so that's a fact, Arista wants to sign his band. That made something click in my head: Arista is owned by Sony. Sony=the almighty Tommy Mottola, and he took the Idols to Graceland. The next day Chris gets the boot. So I did some Googling and this is what I found:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arista

Arista Records is an American record label that is wholly owned subsidiary of Sony BMG, and operates under the RCA Records Group.

So that confirmed who owns Arista, the label ready to sign Chris' band.

Hmmmm....anyone think Mattola told Idol to let go of Chris? I mean even Simon told Fox 5 News that America got it wrong. We all know in the long run Idol isn't the best place for a musician who lists Pantera, Tool, Shinedown, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God and Mudvayne as his influences.

I love Chris but just like Bo (ok he blows Bo out of the water but go with me here) I couldn't imagine him standing there at the finale, confetti falling on him as he sings "You are the Wind That Lifts Me Up Through The Trees and Takes Me To Moments Like This" or some such Celine Dion/ Gay Aiken crap that Idol writes for the winners, either. Could you?

Oh well, at least Taylor still stands a chance....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home