"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Dog Had Her Day!

Ok so earlier I was annoyed by some co-workers (not at QSAC, but my other job, believe it or not I sort of have co-workers there). Anyway, I got some news that made my day!

My best friend, Terriann, who we call T-Rock or T-Dog or The Dog, finally met her "hero." See, so many of us live for a band, or a sports team, and it would make our day, our lives even, to be front row and/or backstage at that band's concert, or at the biggest Championship game for our team, or to even meet our fav athlete. Not Terriann. Except for Jon Bon Jovi, there is only one celebrity she covets to meet: Tom Hanks. She absolutely LOVES him! And last night *Drumroll Lars* It happened!

Apparently Tom Hanks' wife, Rita Wilson, is staring on Broadway in a play. The name of the play escapes me right now, but Terriann and her boyfriend went to see the play last night. Tom Hanks was sitting a few rows ahead of them, and during intermission she got to talk to him and shake his hand.

She said he was very personable to everyone: he signed autographs and took pics for anyone who asked, and even kidded around with the crowd. When it was finally her turn to meet him, she was shaking. He asked her if she was ok. LOL

I'm so happy for her. I know what it is like to meet someone like that: before I met Metallica, I was so nervous that Laura, Ian and Mike made sure I had a shot before I went to get my Meet & Greet pass. And before that, Kevin, Laura and Ian tried force feeding me chicken fingers and french fries, unsuccessfully I might add. LOL Once I was backstage and had met the band, I was so thrilled beyond words that I not only met Metallica, but had the time of my life doing so. In a world where so many celebrities are stuck up, it's nice to see that Oscar winners like Tom Hanks, and Grammy winners/musical icons like Metallica, really do appreciate their fans.

I told Terriann she will be riding this wave for quite some time. It's been two years since I met Metallica, and when I really sit and think and digest meeting them and how we talked and things that were said, it puts an ear to ear grin on my face. (Although I still can't watch that Met On Tour vid of me and James Hetfield, without keeping one eye closed and the volume turned down. LOL)

It gives me a huge amount of happiness to know someone with a heart like Terriann has (MY DOG!) finally got to experience something she really, really wanted for a long time. She got her "Meet & Greet" and it was a nice time, as short as it may have been. For Terriann, watching Forrest Gump will never be the same.

THE DOG FINALLY HAD HER DAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home