"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's The Little Things....

I've been with Anthony for over a year now and living with him for six months, and yet I hardly write about him on my Blog. I always mean to, but I'm so bad at typing certain things. (Say it Anthony, I'm an Ice Princess, LOL.)

Anyway I was just thinking about the little-big things, you know, those small gestures that count in a big way. I remember one time at work, a co-worker surprised me with an iced coffee, because he knows how much I like them. That totally made my day. Anthony is the king of doing things like this, at any given moment.

For my Birthday last year he gave me a digital camera. I never even asked him for one. He said he had remembered us looking at digital cameras, and I said "I wish I had one of these at the Metallica shows." He then told me, "now you have a digital camera for all of the Metallica shows next Tour." The size of the gift didn't matter. The realization that he LISTENS to me and put careful thought into my present meant the most.

Other sweet things he does:

He will return from the supermarket with instant iced coffee (I'm the coffee drinker, not him) because he knows I like iced coffee so much ("see now you can make it here whenever you want it.").

Last night I had a meeting after work. I called him during that meeting to find out he picked up some seafood salad for me, simply because he knows I like it.

If I'm not feeling well and I need him home, he will skip the gym and come straight home after work, to take care of me.

It's all the gestures that seem small, but mean so much. To know someone cares for you, loves you, listens to you and is considerate of you, is an awesome feeling.

Just in case you men do not think we appreciate the little things, you are wrong. The things you do that seem little, are actually what counts the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home