"Freedom of speech is words that they will bend, Freedom with their exception...."

Thursday, June 08, 2006

METALLICA!

Ok so I haven't seen Metallica perform live in almost 2 years. TWO YEARS TOO LONG my friends! The past few months they have been playing some shows overseas as part of their "Escape From The Studio Tour."

Reading the message board reviews, as well as seeing the pics, setlists and info on Met On Tour (GOOD JOB JEFF!) is getting me really really psyched for when they come back to the U.S.

One thing about Metallica shows, it never gets old! During the Madly In Anger With The World Tour, they constantly changed set lists. They even played some songs that were requested on the Fan Club message board. Each show was unique and worth more than the price of admission. They seem to be continuing with that (THANK YOU LARS, for kick ass set lists, IGNORE the haters!).

Only die hard fans will appreciate this, but for instance today I heard they opened with Motorbreath, and just the other day at the Rock Am Ring show they opened with Creeping Death! UNFUCKING REAL! AWESOME!

Also, and this is what REALLY bugs me out: In honor of the 20th Anniversary of Master of Puppets (don't listen to the crap info next to the album at the bottom of my MySpace Blog, for those who do read it there too. MySpace is wrong. For ACCURATE Metallica info visit Chapter Inc.), they played the album in its entirety, in the middle of the set list. Oh, you didn't read it wrong. They played all eight songs from Battery to Damage Inc. IN THEIR ENTIRETY! Once again, I know they made Cliff proud (RIP Buddy).

Anyway, God Bless cable modems. I downloaded the shows, in both audio and video versions, in less than 5 minutes each. The audio is already on my iPod and iTunes. I have it playing now, man do they sound great! The video is in perfect condition too.

I can't wait till they Tour the U.S. again. I'd LOVE to be at a show and hear MOP played like that! And people wonder why we are addicted to this band!

To quote one of my fellow Clubberz, aka KillamAll:

"Maybe it's a craving or a habit. You have drug addicts, you have smokers, and then you have Metallica fans."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home